Our vision is to be a vibrant, expanding church community, empowering people to impact their world.
In everything we will endeavor to be God-centered, and will highly value:
- Prayer. Recognising our need for an intimate relationship with God.
- Life Changing Teaching. Teaching the Bible to bring transformation in the lives of individuals and the church.
- God Honouring Worship. Lifting up Jesus and giving freedom to the Holy Spirit.
- Intentional Outreach. Influencing our community for good and reaching it through evangelism.
- Spiritual Growth. Bringing disciples to maturity to serve God and others.
- Biblical Relationships. Demonstrating our love for God in the way we relate to each other.
- Functional Excellence. Seeking to honour God in every area by offering him our best.
- Future Looking. Facing the future boldly and moving forward with faith.
The beginnings of Whangaparaoa Baptist church were beach services held on Manly Beach during summer Sunday evenings in the 1940s. In 1956 an inaugural meeting was held in Whangaparaoa Rate Payers hall and in 1956-58 services were held every Sunday in that hall.
In 1957 work started on the first building, which is now our café.
With the opening of the new church, it adopted its first constitution and was accepted into the Baptist Union of New Zealand in 1959.
In 1975 today’s auditorium was completed.
2000 saw major internal upgrading works required to cope with the ever increasing size of the congregation and its activities. A suite of offices was built over the foyer. These were finished in June 2001 and this is the church you see today.
2008 was our Jubilee Year – 50 years since the opening of our church building.
In 2013 we purchased a commercial property next to the church with the hope of building the WBC Ministry Centre. This will house the Whangaparaoa Baptist Kindergarten (currently within the church building) along with some of our fantastic community ministries.